Hi My Friends!
I just wanted to drop in here real fast and share with you this easy, pasta recipe that I made for Daddy and I tonight. I am eagerly counting down to Halloween doing daily things that make me smile. This recipe consists of little pasta shells in the shape of a pumpkin with pumpkin-marinara sauce and vegan sausage. All of these items are available at your local Trader Joe’s grocery store. However, if you don’t have one near you then follow my substitute suggestions below. Enjoy this recipe everyone and stay tuned for more Halloween activities!
Easy Pumpkin Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Vegan Sausage
- 2 bags of Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Zucchette Pasta
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Creamy Autumnal Pasta Sauce
- 1 pack (4-count) Vegan Sausage-less Sausage Links
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes
- Fill a large 6 quart pot with water and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and cook pasta for 10-12 minutes. Drain and set in a bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the sausage links into bite sized pieces. Drain the sun dried tomatoes and toss into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta into the bowl and toss with the pasta sauce. Mix and enjoy!
- Use 1 jar of regular pasta sauce + 2-3 tbsp. coconut cream + 3 tbsp. of canned pumpkin puree. Mix together well to make the sauce.
- Use your favorite type of pasta if pumpkin shell pasta is not available.
- Use regular sausage links if Vegan are not available. But if you’ve never tried them before, I highly encourage you to do so! They are delicious! 🙂