Good Morning Friends!
I hope you all are doing well. Around here I have been working out, living mindfully (more on that in another post), and finding creative ways to feel Little when my brain and body feel anything but. It can be a chore to slip into Little Space, especially when we are fighting a cold, dealing with health issues, or are just plain stressed out. However, I wanted to write this post today because despite feeling like “Big Me” lately, there are ways that my Daddy has been guiding me into Little Space to ease my mind. That said, let’s jump into the list!
- Take a shower together and Daddy washes my body. It’s something so simple, yet always makes me feel Little and loved when Daddy steps into the shower with me and tenderly washes every curve of mine.
- Holds my hand and leads me to the bathroom. Lately when I’m feeling Little but don’t want to play with toys or color, I’ll do something very simple like say, “Dada, I need to go potty!” (in my little voice). Daddy will jump up and simply take my hand leading me to the bathroom. It’s a small act that makes me feel tiny and small. I love it.
- Serves my food on Little dishes. We keep a small stock of Little dishes for those moments when I want to feel Little but aren’t sure how to slip into Little Space. Daddy easily makes a peanut butter sandwich, cuts off the crusts, and serves it to me on my princess plate. Instantly I feel small and happy.
- Daddy picks out my clothes to wear. For a while I thought that I needed to wear my Little clothes in order to feel small. But lately I have been wearing a ton of yoga pants and various workout tops. However, Daddy still makes me feel Little by picking out my workout clothes.
- Playing with the silly animoji faces in his iPhone. Daddy has a newer phone than I do. He has these animal faces that he can play with, where it does facial recognition and then you talk into the camera and the animated face moves along with your facial features. It always cracks me up!
- Sending me little messages from work, speaking to me in his “Daddy Head Space”. My husband could easily send me a message saying, “honey, I miss you!”. But instead, he will send me a message saying: “Who is daddy’s special girl?” to which I reply, “Me!!!”. And so the conversation naturally slips into Little Space, and I feel so happy, special, and loved.
- Using video games to bond in Little Space. My daddy and I are giant geeks. We love to game together. We gush over character builds, in game weapons to get, and the latest patch updates. (Yup, we are that couple lol). That said, we are also huge roleplayers! If you’re unfamiliar with roleplaying, it is creating a character online and then acting as that character in game. I have many characters that are specifically Little and that allow me to explore my little side in a virtual world with my Daddy. It’s really fun!
- Putting things around my environment that remind me of being Little and super girly. Recently I purchased this 64 ounce water bottle (it’s amazing and doesn’t drip condensation!) in the “Taffy” color which is a beautiful pastel rainbow. I also have this Hello Kitty water dispenser. Having things like this around me makes me smile when I look at them and makes me feel Little inside.
- Cuddle over Netflix shows and movies. This has been especially helpful for us lately as I get to feeling better. Daddy will come home, slip into the bed behind me, and we will snuggle the night away. While our shows aren’t always Little Space shows, just being together smushed up is enough to push me into a Little head space. I cherish those moments deeply.
- We cook together! Lastly, we love cooking together. Daddy usually is my sous chef as I bustle around and prepare delicious food in the kitchen. Give it a try with your Daddy/Mommy. I know you will enjoy it too! 🙂
Which brings me to today’s recipe: soy sauce eggs!
I was watching a program ages ago that featured these soy sauce eggs as cheap, street food in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. From the moment I saw this on the TV, I was hooked. Eggs are hard or soft boiled, then peeled and soaked in a giant pot of spices and soy sauce for hours and hours. The result is a hard boiled egg chock-full of flavor! Around our home we often eat tofu stir fry. These eggs are the perfect treat to pair with a stir fry, place into a ramen soup, or just eat for a quick, protein-packed snack! I ramped mine up with a bit of Sriracha into the mix, but feel free to leave it out and they will taste just as good. I hope you all enjoy this recipe. Stay tuned for the next post. Have a wonderful Thursday, and as always, keep on smiling! 🙂
Easy Soy Sauce Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (I used Shaoxing Wine instead)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
In a pot, simmer the water, soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice, rice vinegar, sugar and Sriracha together for 10 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
In a separate pot, hard boil as many eggs as you’d like. (I used up 1 dozen). Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Peel your eggs.
Then pour your marinating mixture into a refrigerator safe bowl and place the eggs into the mixture. Chill for 12-24 hours.
When they are done they will look like this!
Eat with your favorite meal and enjoy, you’ve earned it! ❤