A very Happy Saturday to you! Yesterday I discussed tips and tricks of how to “come out” of the Little closet to your closest friends and family. After publishing the post to the blog, I sat back on the couch with a cup of tea and had a thought: but what if you can’t come out as a Little? What happens then? All day the thought gnawed at my mind. Surely there are Littles out there who must be extremely discreet about their Little side. It was then that I sat back down and composed this post for all the Littles out there who don’t yet have the ability to be out and proud. This post is for you ❤ .
I. Nurturing “Little Me” Deep Inside:
I want to begin by reminding you that it’s okay to be a Little who has to keep things quiet, and in the privacy of your mind. There are many, many Littles like you. Being a Little, and having a part of you that is “Little Me” is who you are. It isn’t what you wear, where you play, whom you connect with, or even how you behave. It is a piece of your being. It is the way your brain is hard-wired. The memories and experiences that has shaped who you are as a person represents how you view little space, and your need to regress as a Little.
So don’t worry if you don’t have the ability to “come out” just yet. Continue to nurture the little you deep inside. One of my favorite things to do is to get lost in my imagination. I lie down somewhere comfortable, close my eyes, and let my mind wander. You can dream anything your heart desires. Cinderella was right that, “a dream is a wish your heart makes”. You can easily disguise these mental wanderings as “meditation” (if anyone asks what you’re doing). 😉
II. Creating a Discreet Little Play Space:
When I lived at home as a teenager, I had very strict parents. I could never lock my bedroom door, and routine inspections (to see if my room was clean) was a regular occurrence. There is no way that I could have come out as a Little back then. So, if you’re in a similar situation at home, trust me when I say, I totally understand. There are a few ways to create a discreet little play space when you have to keep things very “under the radar”.
Paint your bedroom walls a color that makes you happy when you look at it. What is your favorite color? Mine happens to be white. (I know, I’m weird). But I also love pink. So, often times I will incorporate this color into things discreetly, and when I look at it my heart lifts. You can also sleep with a plushie. Few people will question a plushie on your bed, and it is wonderful to snuggle up to when you’re feeling the need to regress. Put a cute, decorative nightlight by your bedside to create a soft glow as you sleep at night. Head to your local thrift shop and try to find cute throw blankets, pillows, or a small piece of furniture that you can paint in bright, fun colors. Lastly, head to your local library and check out some kids movies. You can discreetly slip these in your bag to watch in your room when you’re feeling small.
III. 10 Tips to be Little on the “Down Low”:
Let’s keep this creativity train going with a few more ways to be Little while keeping it all super private and hush-hush….
- Pick up a mug that makes you smile from your local thrift store and put your favorite drink in it.
- Choose snacks and frozen food items meant for kids at the grocery store. Use these to create your own private little space time.
- Read picture books to yourself at night before bed.
- Iron on patches to your backpack that have fun, bright colors. Maybe you like holographic patches? Go crazy with it and let your inner Little shine a bit in this art project. (If anyone asks, just tell them you thought the patch looks cute 😉 ).
- Watch DDLG/LB videos (wearing headphones) on YouTube. It’s nice to see other Littles when you’re wanting to mentally escape from the daily grind.
- Use upcoming holidays as an excuse to let your inner Little side shine a bit. Throw a pool party with friends. Have a sleepover and go all “girly” with it. Have a cookout and make cute dishes! Send adorable valentine’s to your friends at school. There are a ton of ways to make a get together, while discreetly weaving in your Little side. (Pinterest is a great place to get party ideas).
- Wear discreet clothing that makes you feel Little, yet doesn’t draw too much attention. I recommend: denim overalls, graphic tees of your favorite cartoons/shows, colorful socks, and cute skirts or shorts.
- Find an indoor trampoline park, (or jump on your own!) and squeal with glee as you bounce around. I recently jumped on a large trampoline and it made me feel SO little, happy, and free! 🙂
- Create a music playlist, (I love using YouTube for this), and put all of your favorite songs on there that make you feel cheerful and little. Let your musical side come out as you dive through all of your old childhood songs.
- Weave some kawaii items into your school supplies. Do you like Lisa Frank? Shop at your local Target, Walmart, or Claire’s and pick out items in your favorite colors or patterns. Use washi tape to make your school supplies look even more unique! It can be a fun art project to get your mind in little space.
IV. Cultivating a Submissive’s Heart:
It’s one thing to wear onesies, feel Little, and to act like an adorable baby. It’s another to have a willing heart that is ready to serve a dominant. You don’t need a dominant to be a Little. However, if you do want a mommy or daddy one day, then I would encourage you to begin working on developing a desire to serve. Being a submissive comes from the heart. It’s a desire to please others, and to feel fulfillment in seeing their happiness. It’s thinking about others before yourself. When you’re in a D/s relationship, you serve your dominant without worry about yourself because you know that you’ll be taken cared of.
Start small by thinking of ways you can help your friends and family. Find ways to do small acts of kindness. It’s surprising (and a bit sad) how shocked people will be that you simply did something to be kind without seeking anything in return. Be kind to be kind. Give without recognition. Bask in the love that you put out into your universe and know that it came from you. As you shift your life in this way, you will begin to develop regular habits of serving others. This will prepare you for your future dominant. 🙂
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for the next topic. Have a wonderful Saturday, and as always, keep on smiling! 🙂