I love going out on dates with my Daddy. As I was sitting in Chili’s tonight, coloring on the children’s menu, my brain began to reflect on dating as a Cg/l couple. There are many dates that caregivers and littles can do. In fact, I came up with 100 date ideas to get you started! 🙂 But as I thought more about what type of date ideas I enjoy, I realized that there is a distinct difference in the type of dates that younger Littles might enjoy versus a “seasoned” Little or dominant. (Note: There are always exceptions to every rule, so if these don’t apply to you, don’t stress. 🙂 Do what makes you happy!).
I’m gonna keep it real with you all. At almost 35 years old, there are times where I have no desire to get down on the hardwood floor and play with toys! Do I love to color and pull out my arts and crafts? Yes. Do I love to have dance parties with my daddy or go dancing at a pretty club? Yes! But do I want to, say, go bungee jumping on a date? Hell no! My back would be thrown out for days and you’d hear me screaming all the way down! I have no desire to jump out of a plane, or leap off a cliff anytime in the near future. At 35, I’m down to jam… but I also enjoy relaxing too. My daddy loves creature comforts and so I compiled this list of 20 dates for the “seasoned” Cg/l Couples out there who can relate to us. I hope you enjoy ❤ :
- Go for a dip in the hot tubs: Lean in, my fellow Little boys and girls, because I have a story for you! One time, my Daddy and I rented out a private mineral hot tub at the local spa for an hour. Tucked up in the trees of this resort, outside in the shaded woods, we slipped into the mineral waters and sighed in pure bliss. The bubbly jets felt so soothing against my skin. 10 minutes later my Daddy was slamming into me and I was clamping my hand over my mouth to keep from yelping and being “discovered” by other hot tub people. (tehehe!). A hot tub is a very fun date to do together AND it feels amazing on the muscles.
- Coffeehouse Date: Now I’m not a coffee person, but tea time is a twice daily (sometimes thrice!) event in our home. Daddy loves coffee, and I love a cup of builders tea. Yum! A coffeehouse date can be so much fun to bring tea time into date time! Pick out a new coffee shop and and go there with your dom. Have them order you a cute drink and perhaps a little cake pop or cupcake. 🙂 You’re sure to feel little in no time ❤
- Drive-in Movie Theater: Do you like going to the movie theater? I honestly don’t. It’s over-priced and I always get squeamish about the seats being sticky. But the drive-in movie theater is the PERFECT place to be Little, save money on tickets, and to see the latest movies. I also love that you can bring your own food in the car, and the place doesn’t even care. So, you can pack your favorite Little snacks, load up on drinks (or your sippy cup) and head out to take in a show. 🙂
- Bowling: This is such a fun Little date to do with your caregiver. It’s so much fun to wear goofy-looking bowling shoes. (Make sure to have your daddy or mommy help you tie your laces to put you in the Little head space). Many bowling alleys also have arcades, so ask your dom to try and win you a prize! Who knows? Maybe you’ll come home with a new stuffie. Enjoy the greasy pizza, soda drinks, and lots of laughter as you bowl the night away. (Pro tip: check out your bowling alleys website to see if they have special “80’s Night” or “Glow in the Dark” bowling night and go on a special themed bowling night. They are a blast!).
- Beach Day: Nothing screams relaxation like a day at the beach. As someone who lives 3 miles off of the California coast let me give you a few tips about how to look like a local when hitting the sand. First, always wear layered clothing. Yoga pants and windbreakers are a must because sand will fall right off of them and the ocean breeze can be cold even in the dead of summer. Two, wear sunblock and bring a sunhat if possible. You don’t want to look like a tomato. Three, never… EVER… try to do a picnic at the beach. The seagulls will eat your food, and sand is sure to get into everything as it blows on the wind. Trust me. Lastly, make sure to pick a spot far enough from the water to account for low and high tide. You don’t want to get caught by a fast, incoming wave that drenches your blankets.
- Visit the Aquarium: Visiting the aquarium is one of my favorite things to do while being in Little Space. Many aquariums have touch tanks, so you can squeal and be Little all while gently touching starfish and anemones. Marvel at the swirling jellyfish that are made up of 95% water, and have your dom hold you close as you look at the many colorful fish. It’s sure to be a blast, all while staying nice and cool inside the building.
- Go Sailing: While this activity seems like it would be for younger Cg/l couples, in actuality, sailing is extremely relaxing! If you’re unfamiliar with how to sail, have your daddy or mommy take you on a charter boat for a couple of hours. With your life vest on, and a captain at the wheel, you can relax and take in the ocean waves together as you sail around the coast. Daddy and I feel happiest when we are out on the water. 🙂
- Visit an Amusement Park: If your daddy is anything like mine, then they probably love to get an adrenaline rush from a roller coaster! An amusement park can be a great way to bond and connect while in Little Space. Don’t worry about large crowds at these parks. Honestly, the people will be so consumed with their own families that they will seldom even notice that you’re acting small. I recommend choosing an amusement park that has rides or attractions to make you feel Little. If you need some inspiration, take a look at these U.S. locations that are perfect stops for Cg/l couples.
- Shop at a Bookstore: I love browsing Barnes & Noble with my daddy, because it’s easy to head to the children’s section, pick out a few books, and nestle up together on a cozy sofa in the back of the store. People will leave you alone as you slip into Little Space and your dom reads you a quiet story. Another idea is to visit a local secondhand bookstore. These little hole-in-the-wall shops are the PERFECT place to stock up on gorgeous picture books for your personal library while saving a ton of money.
- Go to the Mall: If you don’t have much money to spend, but you want to take a lazy stroll together while in Little Space, head to your local mall. There are so many things to see as you window-shop together. You can spend a few dollars and pick up a nibble from the food carts as you browse around the levels. You can toss a penny into the wishing fountain, or ride up and down the escalators! Head into the department stores and check out the children’s home decor section to get ideas of how to decorate a little space in your own home. This date idea can be an absolute blast the more you two get into it.
- Go Out for a Fancy Dinner: Going to a Michelin-starred restaurant probably sounds like the last thing that a Cg/l couple should do on a date. However, these upscale restaurants serve bite-sized portions of food that are perfect for feeling small. Imagine dressing up in your prettiest dress, complete with a bow or headband and white gloves. Your caregiver is dressed up elegantly too. They order for you and as you eat each course of the sublime cuisine, you can look into each other’s eyes over candlelight and relish in the fun experience of being small… yet, eating and feasting like kings.
- Visit an Arcade: There are many arcades that also have go kart tracks inside, or a bar to order food and drinks from. Choose an arcade that will allow you and your Cg to do many different kinds of activities. Sit side by side as you race virtual cars next to your dom. Have them stand behind and “help you” hold up the toy gun to shoot the bad guys or monsters in the video game. There are many ways to feel small in an arcade while having a blast. And don’t forget to challenge each other to a game of D.D.R.! 😉
- Go Dancing: Daddy and I are not clubbing type of people. However, there are so many places to go dancing as a couple if a club isn’t your thing. Check out a local music festival. Head to a bar and take in a live band. Hit up a beach party for some reggae music! Take a dance class together to learn salsa, the waltz, or swing dancing. Go to a Jazz lounge and take in the smooth tunes and sip some fancy drinks. Or, check out a concert of your favorite band as you dance the night away!
- Go Camping: I tip my hat to everyone out there who is totally down to go tent camping. But if you’re like me and the thought of sleeping on the ground makes you want to weep, then never fear… the “glamping” Little is here! Rent a cabin at a local RV park to connect with nature, but still sleep in a cozy bed. Hit up Air Bnb and find a unique place to stay overnight such as: a yurt, a tepee (yes, you can do that!), or a farmhouse! I like to think of camping this way as… camping-chic! 🙂 That’s my kind of style.
- Take a Road Trip: Going on a road trip can be so much fun to do as a Cg/l couple. Create a playlist of your favorite songs for Little Space and play them in the car. Pack a cooler of your favorite little space snacks. Check out neat spots that are perfect for kids and families along the way. Make it a “DDLG” themed road trip! 🙂 I know you’ll have tons of fun as you take in the scenery and many sights together.
- Do a Restaurant Tour: This is another unique date to do as a couple. Begin at your first restaurant and pick out an appetizer to eat together. Then, walk (or drive) to another new or favorite restaurant and have your main meal there. Then, walk to your final restaurant and indulge in a special dessert together. You can walk off each meal as you go from place to place, and you can be free to be Little while walking hand in hand down the sidewalk. It will be the perfect Little night out on the town!
- Attend a Local Festival or Farmer’s Market: If your town is like mine, there is always a festival happening or a farmer’s market bustling each and every weekend around summertime. Head downtown together and take in the market. Slip into Little Space as you try new foods or pick up fresh ingredients to make supper at home. There are usually local bands playing, so you can pause for a moment and dance in your caregiver’s arms.
- Make Pottery Together: Channel your inner “Ghost” movie moment as you head to a local pottery shop to paint some pieces together. You can pick out mugs, bowl, or anything else and make them “Little-friendly” for each other! Bonus points if you pick out a bowl and incorporate it into your Little Space time. ❤
- Take a Class Together (or Online!): There is something incredibly sweet about learning a new skill together with your dom. There are many continuing education classes at community colleges where you can pay a low fee to take a class together. If you’re trying to save a few pennies, but still want to take a class, check out your local library to see what events they’re hosting. You can also head online to Skillshare to browse over 10,000 classes that they have, and enjoy watching the self-paced videos and classes available to do together online.
- Buy Retro Toys and Play Outside Together: Do you remember the game, Connect Four? Did you ever own a Skip-It? How about a pair of Moon Shoes or a Polly Pocket? A great Little Space idea is to try and hunt down some retro toys from a local toy shop and then have a blast tapping into your childhood memories as you play them together with your dominant. Share games that you used to love as a child. Were you into hopscotch? four square? or kickball? Get creative with it and get outside! ❤
That’s it from me for this post, my friends! Stay tuned for the next topic. I hope these dates bring you (and your dom) many hours of fun and enjoyment. Have a wonderful night and I will see you all back here in the morning! ❤