I want to tell you a story about a dear friend of mine who is a fairly new dominant. With no names mentioned, about 6 months ago he was telling me about how he longed for a Little to claim as his own. I asked him the same question that I had asked many others: what have you done to learn about domination? He paused thinking for a moment. “Well….” he said slowly, “I’ve watched YouTube videos”. I smiled. That’s where I started too. When I first began in the lifestyle and discovered that I was a Little, I wanted to put faces to the community. I wanted to see what being a Little was like. As a curious soul by nature, I love researching something new.
A few quick searches led me to discovering Binkie Princess on YouTube. Now, Binkie has been in the spotlight with both supporters and haters. This post is not intended to give my personal opinion on her. What I will say, is at the time I didn’t have enough knowledge to know that there was an entire spectrum of Littles. I assumed that to be a Little meant that I needed to wear onesies, and have a nursery designated to the lifestyle. I looked around my tiny flat with wide eyes. “Where the hell am I going to put a nursery?” I thought in a panic. Deep down, I really didn’t want to wear diapers, especially after changing my own child’s diapers for years! But, another part of my brain whispered, “if this is what being a Little is…. then…. c’est la vie!”.
I. Discovering Little Moo Moo:
As I kept watching videos to try and further my knowledge, one day I stumbled across Little Moo Moo. Like me, she was different than the other girls that I had found. She didn’t smoke or drink. She wasn’t a sex worker (no offense to those who are <3). She has beautiful hair that she proudly wears in wild styles on top of her head. And she is a total nerd, just like I am! So I began tuning into her. And while I enjoyed her content, Little Moo Moo was quite a bit younger than I am. She had the ability to do things that my normal adult life just wouldn’t allow. I appreciated how candid she was in her videos, showing both the good and bad days. But still, there was something lacking.
(Side Note: ** Sending Little Moo Moo and Papa Jhon TONS of love and support as they struggle with Papa Jhon’s personal health issues. I just saw the most recent video and my heart broke for them. Hang in there, Moo Moo. You’re not alone girl! **)
II. Turning Away From the Screen to See…. Me:
I began to step back and think about the Littles that I saw. I collected a list of Cg/l YouTubers for you to view if you wish. I pondered over the various Littles that I saw uploading videos, and realized that each one was uniquely different. I began experimenting with being a Little in my own way. While I purchased onesies, I began to shift towards more kawaii clothing. I wore bright, colorful outfits that I could wear out with pride, but still made me feel Little inside, and it felt right. I began to drift away from using “baby words” that I heard in videos, and began playing around with what my “Little Me” voice sounded like. It felt authentic. It felt like me.
It took years to unearth my own Little style. I wish back then that someone had grabbed me by the shoulders, and helped to lead me down the path of discovering my own little self. It would have saved a lot of time.
III. The Recipe For Discovering Your Little Side:
Moving forward, I knew that at some point I wanted to share my journey into becoming a Little. I wanted to “pay it forward” to ease the way of future littles. While YouTube is a wonderful platform for people to express themselves and share content, I think there needs more focus given on helping littles discover who they are, instead of viewing people who have already found their Cg/l identity. That said, here are a few tips that I would recommend to get you started on discovering the type of little that you want to be:
- Research across the spectrum of being a Little. Read, read, read! Learn about adult babies, littles, middles, brats, baby girls, prince/princesses, kittens, foxes, angels, and more! Look at the various styles within the world of Cg/l. Know that you don’t have to embody all of the personality traits of one particular style. Just see if any of the types of littles resonates with you. If so, then learn more about that particular style.
- Play around with fashion! I firmly believe in expressing yourself through style. If you want to dress flamboyant and loud, do it! If you’re a minimalist who enjoys muted colors and tones, wear it! There is no right or wrong way to dress when being a Little. You don’t have to wear specifically DDLG clothing to be a Little! Wear clothing that makes YOU feel little inside. That’s all that matters.
- Know that age regression is a mindset rather than a way of behaving. I cannot tell you how many times I feel little inside, but you’d never know it because on the outside I look like my ordinary, adult self. Regressing in age is a part of the mind. It’s a mental place where you can go that feels uplifting, light, fun, and free. Think of it as a mental escape from the daily grind. Once you view little space in this way, you can take a trip to “little me” any time you’d like. 🙂
- You don’t need a caregiver to be a Little. Does it help to have a dominant who wants to guide you? Yes. However, there are tons of ways to thrive as a solo Little. So, if you’re new to the lifestyle, or are in a place where you don’t have a dominant, don’t worry! You can still feel, act, and be little without having a caregiver to watch over you.
- To awaken “little me”, begin re-discovering things you enjoyed as a child. We all had a toy, game, or movie that we loved doing when we were kids. For me, it was playing with a Skip-It, jump rope, and playing tea party. I also loved shows such as: David the Gnome, Captain Planet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Kids Incorporated. (Yes, I’m a child of the 80’s/90’s). Think about what YOU loved as a child, then go do it! Hunt down those old toys online and purchase one. Did you love wearing over-sized clothing that made you feel small and cozy? Buy an over-sized hoodie! Whatever it is that brings a nostalgic smile to your face, do that! I promise you that you’ll enjoy taking a trip down memory lane that will awaken “little me” in the core of your being.
IV.: The Bottom Line:
You can watch Cg/l YouTubers, and if you feel inclined to do so, go for it. I have, and you’ll find a list of quality content creators in the informational resources page above. However, never forget to discover the little that YOU were meant to be. Be yourself! March to your own little beat. There is only one person in the whole world who is just like you. And there is only one little in the whole world who can be you. That’s you! So, go be your beautiful, amazing, authentic, self! I’m cheering you on every step on the way, my friend.
Sending you all so much love on this Happy Hump Day! Stay tuned for the next topic, have a wonderful day, and I’ll see you all back here tonight! 🙂