I was thinking about all of the long distance cg/l couples out there today, and I wanted to come up with a list of dates you can do from afar. Being in a long distance relationship isn’t easy. But with lots of communication, and a desire to make things work, it is totally possible. I hope you all enjoy this date list. If you have any more ideas to share, please comment and let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Long Distance Relationship Date Ideas:
- Watch a movie at the same time on Netflix. (Bonus points if you can be on the phone at the same time as you watch).
- Download an app for a game or a pictionary game that allows you to play together. Enjoy playing together when you need a giggle, or just want to have fun. 🙂
- Check out the same book from your local library and read it together at the same time.
- Choose a recipe and each cook it at home. Then snap a pic of the final product to share with each other and critique the dish later when you get a chance to chat.
- If you’re going clothing shopping, hop in the dressing room and snap a pic for your partner to see. Let them choose which outfit to buy!
- Create a playlist together and listen to it when you’re apart. Certain songs will slowly become “your songs” together. 🙂
- Mukbang! Video chat and eat a meal together while sitting at the table. It will almost be like you’re face to face across the table from each other.
- Let your partner set your ring tone. Choose something that you know will make them smile when you call.
- Hop on the phone together while the Little goes into Little Space. Giggle together as you (the dominant) relish in hearing your Little One babble, play, and talk about all kinds of silly stuff.
- Go out to the movies! Agree to go see the same movie, on the same day. Rate and review the movie afterwards. (You can even take things up a notch and buy your partners favorite movie snack, so that you can eat and think of them as you watch).
- Give your partner a grocery list of your favorite foods. Let them begin to explore your tastes from afar. That way when you’re together, cooking will be a breeze!
- Send each other care packages on your birthday or simply because you feel like it! Fill up a flat rate box with little goodies to make your partner smile.
- Color a pretty picture and snap a picture to send to your dominant. Let them know that you’re thinking of them, always. ❤
- Encourage each other to workout and hydrate! Sync up a walking app, or befriend each other on FitBit and then challenge each other to get 10,000 steps a day. (When you make friends with someone on the FitBit app, you can see how many steps they’ve gotten each day).
- Set your computer wallpaper to something that makes you think of your partner. If it’s a work laptop or desktop, go subtle with it. But do something that reminds you of your partner. 🙂