Good Afternoon Friends,
Today I am so excited to share this spotlight on a fellow kitten, and submissive. My new friend, Kitten, over at “Ten Shades and Me” really opened my eyes to an entirely new perspective on bratting that I want to share with you today. But first, please hop over to her blog, hit that follow button, and show her some love ❤ okay? Awesome! Now, let’s dive into today’s special spotlight.
For as long as I can remember, when I first came across the term “brat” or “bratting” I recoiled. Admittedly, I even wrote about it in my book, “Big Me, Little Me: A Survival Guide For Littles By Littles”. At the time of publishing, I stood by the stance that bratting shouldn’t occur because the D/s dynamic is based upon respect. The submissive should want to respect their dominant. They should want to obey. They shouldn’t cause undue stress. Well, as I’ve discussed bratting throughout this blog and many entries, brats out in the community rose up to give me quite a bit of backlash! I began to cringe and worry that I couldn’t write about bratting without facing the wrath of brats everywhere.
And then I met Kitten. 🙂
After popping onto her beautiful blog, I read an article of hers titled, “When Brats Are Really Good Girls In Disguise” and it blew my mind! She took a highly controversial topic in our community and flipped it on its head with her stance as a brat, but one that doesn’t cause harm to her dominant in any way, shape, or form. I was absolutely intrigued. (And if you haven’t read her article, please go do so! It’s a wonderful read). She left me with questions burning in my mind.
- Bratting can spice up a relationship?
- There are dominants out there who want a brat? But why?
- What kind of enjoyment does the dominant get from a “healthy brat”?
- Does she get punished for bratting if it was an agreed upon part of their dynamic?
Just because bratting isn’t part of my D/s dynamic doesn’t make it wrong. And quite frankly, my friends, part of living is learning, growing, and evolving as people. So, I reached out to my dear friend, Kitten, and sent her a list of questions. She was gracious enough to share her answers with me (and you!) to help us all learn about a new form of bratting that isn’t wrong… it’s actually quite healthy! She opened my eyes to a new perspective and for that, I’m very grateful.
Yes! You can be a brat and have a wonderful, healthy relationship.
Yes! Your dominant can get enjoyment out of bratting done in a healthy way.
And yes! Bratting behavior can be demonstrated in a way that is more like constructive criticism rather than one who is constantly seeking punishment, or who is “topping from the bottom”.
Now, without further delay, here is the interview that I did with Kitten. I hope you all enjoy it. Remember to hop over to her blog, and show her some love. I hope you all have a fantastic day!
- Your Preferred Submissive Name: Kitten
- Age: (if you feel comfortable sharing) I’m 30 years old.
- Are you and your dominant: part time, full time, live in, etc. We’re married, so live-in, but we were playing together before we started dating.
- How would you describe yourself among the general 10 paths of submission: submissive, slave, taken-in-hand, kajira, Little, pleasure slave, masochist/pain pig, pet, pony girl, and domestic servant. (Or a combination thereof! 🙂 ) I’m mostly submissive, but I also I enjoy domestic servitude, masochism and being Sir’s pleasure slave – with the giggly, cheekiness of a Little thrown in!
2. Did you and your dominant establish rules regarding your bratting at the start of your relationship, and do you two have a contract together?
3. Do you feel that brats get a bad reputation or have an unfair stereotype placed upon them by the larger BDSM community? Why or why not?
4. How would you describe “healthy bratting” behavior and how can bratting spice things up in a relationship?
5. What are some ways that you brat? (Please give examples)
6. Do you ever get punished for bratting? And if so, what style of punishment does your dominant use?
7. What type of positive feeling or fulfillment does your dominant get from your healthy bratting?
8. What advice would you give to other submissives who feel inclined to brat their dominant?