Good Afternoon Friends!
As a wholesome Little, mealtime is very special to me. I love it when my meals are cut up for me. Nani is excellent at cutting up my food into bite sized pieces. My daughter loves surprising me by making smiley faces with my food, just to see me grin and laugh. I scoop her up into big hugs and kisses. Eating and being a foodie is a big part of my life, so today I wanted to share this D.I.Y. high chair idea that I came up with a few months ago, for all my special adult baby friends out there! I hope you enjoy it.
I. Eating and Feeding Your Little One in Style:
Alright, now before you dive into building your high chair you’re going to need to feed your little one off of something cute. But trust me when I tell you that you don’t need to break the bank on this one! Can you purchase eco-friendly bamboo children’s dishes that are BPA-free, blah blah blah? Yes, and if you so choose, awesome! But if you’re like me and you need to save your money, here are a few ways that I have picked up adorable kids’ dishes for next to nothing:
- Goodwill: honestly, people are ditching children’s dishes all the time at your local thrift store. For less than a dollar you can get precious, real dishware with patterns for kids. I picked up my Peter Rabbit tea mug for 25 cents that I absolutely love!
- Wal-mart: I know… Walmart can get crowded, but it does have rock-bottom prices on plastic infant dishes. I picked up plates and bowls for $6 total in a variety of colors.
- Church Rummage Sales/Yard Sales: This is the time of the year when a ton of churches and individuals are cleaning out their homes to prepare for winter. Take advantage of this time by doing some rounds at yard sales! You can usually haggle the prices too (politely of course lol).
- Craigslist/Freecycle: Check out your local ads to see if there are any children’s dinnerware for sale at low prices.
II. D.I.Y. High Chair for Adult Babies and Littles:
Here’s a little story for you that inspired this project. As I discovered that I was a Little, but before I knew my true identity within the Cg/l world, once upon a time I thought that I needed to have Cg/l-specific everything. So, I hopped online and searched for an adult high chair after seeing an adult baby pose in a cute photo.
If you’re interested in purchasing an ABDL High Chair, here are three sellers:
- Babyapparels.com – ($975.00 USD)
- ETSY- ($365.39 USD)
- Stanley’s Adult Sized High Chair- ($200.00 USD)
For me, while those high chairs are very durable, well-made, and adorable… it was out of my price range. I needed to come up with a more budget-friendly option. So, I began to examine what a high chair actually was. It’s a chair, with a tray on top, and a sensation that you’re “in” the chair (whether buckled or not). That’s what a high chair is.
My D.I.Y. High Chair Idea:
First, begin by purchasing a rolling tray table from Amazon. I recommend the Coavas rolling tray table for ($40 USD).
Then, purchase a seat-belt to wrap around a sturdy chair in your home to buckle you into your high chair. This one from Amazon is excellent and is long enough for all body types! It costs ($10 USD).
Next, get a sturdy kitchen chair. Loop the seat-belt around the back of the chair, and buckle yourself in. 🙂
Finally… it’s the FUN part! Take paint, stickers, spray paint, glitter, etc. and decorate the top of your high chair. You can go all out and even paint your chair if you’d like! And tada!! You have your very own personalized highchair on a dime! 🙂 I hope you all have lots of fun during your next mealtime!
Alright my friends, that’s it from me for this post. I hope you all enjoyed it. If you did, smash that like button and let me know. I hope you have a wonderful afternoon and I will see you back here for the next topic!