Good Evening Friends,
I can’t believe I’m having to write this post. I know that I come here into this space when big things are pressing on my heart, but this time feels different. Normally I’m posting non-stop about Cg/l and BDSM, and I will continue to do so, but there is something that I need to get off my chest.
Recently I was shared links and book recommendations that don’t fit my line of thinking. This came from a friend who I’ll leave anonymous, but it’s safe to say that it shocked me to my core or else I wouldn’t be sitting here writing this publicly. I’m not the type to bite my tongue. I call it like I see it. So if any of the following statements offend you in any way, shape, or form you have my apologies and I understand if you don’t want to continue to read my blog. Are you ready? Then, here we go….
- I believe that everyone should be free to practice whatever religion they desire. What you believe in is between you and God. So long as you don’t hurt anyone, that’s fine by me.
- I believe in learning about ALL major world religions. I will not support anything that is against a major religion in any way. Islamophobia is wrong, corrosive, and unjust and I just can’t sit by and not say something. The Five Pillars of Islam include: profession of faith, prayer, giving to charity, fasting, and making a pilgrimage to Mecca. There is NOTHING wrong with this in the least! Coexist, people!
- I believe that immigrants should be welcomed to countries for all sorts of reasons. Yes, please do go through the proper channels to immigrate legally. But I fully support people needing to flee their countries from violence, starvation, and other atrocities. Until we walk a mile in their shoes, let’s not judge them.
- I believe that everyone is equal regardless of your skin color. I do not and will never support white supremacy in any way. I’m married to a wonderful Filipino man who immigrated to this country legally many years ago. Skin color means nothing to me. I judge people on their actions and what’s in their heart, not the color of their skin.
- I believe that love is love regardless of who it’s between. I’m a very proud ally of the LGBTQI+ Community. They have fought for YEARS to get legislation passed to have the same rights as heterosexual couples and thankfully now same sex couples can marry. Love is love is love is love!!
- I believe that if you’re into BDSM, you should know that the LGBTQI+ community has long supported, uplifted, and shaped BDSM as a whole (especially leather enthusiasts!) and I give respect where respect is due. They deserve the utmost respect.
- I believe in the right to vote for who you want to vote for. Regardless of your country, vote for the person that you feel would be the best candidate. Truthfully, I hate talking about politics, and I hate posting stuff like this, but it really ruffles my feathers when I see hate speech and toxic media aimed to harm another group of people.
- I believe in the power of compassion. I believe that many people are committing crimes, and soaking up toxic media on the internet because they are hurting. I choose love! I choose peace! I’m sorry you’re hurting. I know that media is persuasive and powerful, but if there is a book, document, or video that is telling you to hurt another human being or tearing down a group of people…. that is never good for your soul.
In this space on my blog, I’m never going to harm, shame, or drag someone down. I don’t write my books for money. And I don’t need to step on other people to try to get to the top. The world would be a MUCH better place if we all put love first at the forefront of our actions. Be at peace, my friends, and thanks for reading.