Good Morning Friends!
Today I’m kicking things off with the $5 date that hubby and I did last night. We had to shuffle around the list a bit as I was recovering from a cold. So instead of going out, we stayed at home and baked instead! Yes, baking is a cheap, easy way to connect with your partner (and feel super Little too!). Last night hubby and I were baking an Irish Tea Cake. It’s simple, moist, and light. With a few staples from your pantry, you too can whip up this tasty treat perfect for tea time! Are you ready to explore this recipe? Then, let’s dive in! 🙂
Irish Tea Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated; stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. If the batter is too stiff, a tablespoon or two of milk may be added. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack, then turn out onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar right before serving.