Good Afternoon Friends!
The Captain and I have been having a blast creating this FREE printable packet for all fellow Cg/l couples to enjoy! While we are all couped up self-isolating, we can still have loads of fun! In this packet you will find:
- Disney Movie “Easter Egg” Hunt
- Cg/l Couples Yoga Challenge
- Quarantine Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Window Sitting Meditation Exercise
- Quarantine Littles Self-Care Checklist
- Fun Facts Quiz
I also have a delicious Korean potato salad recipe for you that I made today. It was sublime!! I used the homemade no knead honey-oatmeal bread from the previous post, which made this sandwich even better. I hope you all love it as much as I do! Enjoy!!
Korean Potato Salad
- 1 pound peeled russet potatoes, cut into ½ inch thick pieces
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 1 English cucumber, washed, seeded, and chopped into pieces
- kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white ground pepper (or black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup (or sugar)
- ½ cup any mayonnaise (or canola cholesterol free mayonnaise)
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and mix well. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it sweats out water. Strain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Crack open the hard-boiled eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Chop up the egg whites. Set aside.
- Grate an egg yolk for garnish: Press 1 egg yolk through a sieve (or wire strainer) with a wooden spoon. Set the other 2 egg yolks aside.
- Rinse the potato chunks in cold water to remove excess starch and place them in a heavy-bottomed pot. Add ½ cup water and a pinch of salt. Cook for 20 minutes over medium high heat.
- Remove from the heat. Drain any excess water, and put the cooked potato back to the pot. Cover and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes over very low heat, to remove more moisture. Uncover.
- Mash the hot potato with a wooden spoon or a potato masher for 30 seconds and add the 2 cooked egg yolks and the egg whites. Keep mashing until well mixed.
- Add the squeezed cucumber, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper, and rice syrup. Mix it well with a wooden spoon. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Cool it down at room temperature and keep it in the refrigerator. Serve cold as a side dish or snack.
Alright my friends, that’s it from me for this post. As always, if you enjoyed this post, hit that like button and let me know. Smash that follow button if you’re new around here, and I will see you back here for the next topic!