Good Morning Friends!
A very Happy Thursday to you. I’m specifically saying Thursday, because if you’re feeling like me then the days are beginning to blur together lol. Today I am not going to ramble very much. Instead I want to share with you things I have curated to make you smile. All across the world people are creating content to make each other laugh, stay creative, and push through this dark time. May these links and resources make YOU smile and get a giggle or two. Enjoy! ❤
I. The Best Hand Washing Song… EVER:
II. Tweets From Self-Isolation:
“We are about three weeks away from knowing everyone’s true hair color.”
“If you self-quarantine for your family’s safety, please be smart. I cannot afford to go to 15 baby showers in December.”
“Day 6 of no sports. Watching birds fight over worms. Cardinals lead the Blue Jays 3-1.”
“Back in the day, there was so much toilet paper that people used to literally string it up in the trees of their enemies.”
“Now that we have everyone washing their hands correctly … next week, turn signals.”
III. The BEST No Knead Bread (I tested and approved!):
** No Bread Machine Needed**
No Knead Honey Oatmeal Bread
(Go ahead and make it… you know you have the time 😉 )
- 16 ounces (or 2 cups) cool water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the water into the bowl. Then add the salt, yeast, and honey. Gently mix to combine.
- Add the bread flour and oats and mix well until a dough forms.
- Cover with cling wrap and set in a warm place for 8-24 hours for the first proof.
- Uncover and mix the dough. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of oats over the top of the dough.
- Grease an 8 inch non-stick skillet and place the dough into it. Cover with a towel and proof for an additional 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the 2nd proof is going, preheat your oven to 450 degrees (F)/ 230 degrees (C). Place a dutch oven with a lid into the oven to warm up.
- After the second proof is done, place the dough into the warmed dutch oven. Cover with a lid and bake for 30 minutes in the oven. Remove the lid and continue baking for an additional 7 minutes to get a nice, golden crust. And you’re done! 🙂
IV. Self-Isolation Memes Worth Mentioning (aka The Crazy Stuff We Think About While in Isolation):
That’s it from me for this post, my friends. I hope you all enjoyed it. If you did, hit that like button and let me know! Smash that follow button if you’re new around here, and I will see you back here for the next topic!