Good Afternoon Friends!
I hope you all are doing well. Today we are going back into the Disney vaults to discuss a character that is very seldom spoken about. This movie is a classic, but one that is worth watching again and again. Today’s role model is Princess Kida from Disney’s “Atlantis: The Lost Empire”. Are you ready to dive into the lore and legend of this underwater city? Then, let’s jump in! ❤
I. Princess Kida:
Responsible: having an obligation to do something, or having control over or care for someone, as part of one’s job or role.
For as long as Kida could remember, she knew she had a role to play. It was simply a part of her being. Long ago before Atlantis sunk, the city was a thriving, magical place in the farthest reaches of the ocean. But one day a giant tsunami threatened to crush the city and kill all of its inhabitants. As the people fled for their lives, Kida’s mother sacrificed herself to the ancient crystal (and power source of the Atlantean people) to save the city. A shield surrounded the city at the very last moment as the city was pulled underwater, and that was the beginning of the end… or so they thought!
Since the death of Kida’s mom, she had taken on her new role as Princess quite seriously. She preserved the culture of her people and spoke in the native language constantly. Yet, Kida was curious to know about the outside world. She longed to better understand the kings of the past and why her mother sacrificed herself right before her very eyes. Across the world, a young explorer and anthropologist, Milo Thatch, was hired to go on a mission with a crew to find the lost city of Atlantis. Soon, as the crew broke through the many barriers that protected the Lost City, and the princess and Milo met face to face. Kida proved over and over in the movie that she was willing to do whatever it took to guard and protect her people. She convinced Milo how sacred the crystal source was, and in turn, he helped her save the city too. It is Princess Kida’s actions as being extremely reliable and responsible that makes her an excellent role model for Littles! 🙂
II. Disney Bounding Outfit:
III. Little Space Activity: Pull Together a Princess Kida Cosplay Outfit!
It doesn’t matter what size you wear, with just a few pieces of clothing and some makeup you can pull together a simple Princess Kida outfit to play dress up! Here’s a picture to get your brain bubbling with ideas!
IV. Personal Development Lesson:
I was recently asked the question: “What do you look for in a dominant?”. I responded by listing out the qualities and character traits that I value in a dominant/partner. One of which is being responsible. As submissives it is important that we are responsible too. Whether you’re in a D/s relationship, a babysitter situation, an M/s dynamic, etc. your partner needs you to take some initiative and responsibility to keep them in the loop of your shifting emotions, feelings, daily schedule, and more.
Here are 15 EASY ways to be (even more) responsible in your Cg/l relationship:
- Come up with a daily schedule with your dominant. The more detail you give them of your typical routine the better!
- Have your dominant give you a list of daily tasks to complete. Then stick to it! (I highly recommend the “Obedience” app that is FREE from the app store. This is geared towards BDSM couples and allows you and your dominant to put in punishments, tasks, and rewards for each task completed).
- Try to get your chores and work done before your play sessions. That way your mind is free from stress in the time that you get to spend together.
- Ask for permission when you can. Your dominant will appreciate your outward behavior of power exchange.
- Honor the rules that your dominant put in place. Try to remember to follow all of them to the best of your ability.
- Be clear in your communication with your dominant, babysitter, caregiver, etc. The more transparent you are about what needs you have, the better off you two will be!
- Keep a journal of your thoughts that you can share with your dominant. Sometimes it’s easier to write things down versus talking about it.
- Acknowledge your baggage. We all have issues and scars from the past. Be up front with your dominant about what your major weaknesses are so that they can plan and prepare accordingly to help you.
- Compromise on a punishment that you know will force you to work hard to follow the rules set forth by your dominant. Be honest about what type of punishment you need to behave.
- Check in with your dominant regularly. This is especially important if you are in a long distance relationship! Your dominant will worry if they don’t hear from you. Be responsible and give them regular check in’s so they have peace of mind.
- Put your relationship status on your BDSM social media accounts. Many people in the lifestyle love to flirt and “hit on” potential single submissives. Be responsible and label yourself as taken with a dominant. It shows deep respect for your bond.
- Try to keep a positive attitude. Your dominant will want you to keep an optimistic outlook, especially in terms of your Cg/l relationship, Having a positive mindset about your relationship not only shows respect, love, and trust… but it’s also responsible and mature.
- Learn to separate adult issues from issues in Little Space. Sometimes you might want to retreat into Little Space to not deal with an adult issue. Instead, always strive to take responsibility and face your issues. Deal with the problem, and then go into Little Space. It will feel much more rewarding and enjoyable.
- Understand when to use “high protocol” and when you can relax with your dominant. You are a reflection of your dominant (especially while out in public at BDSM events). Be the submissive that everyone wishes to be. ❤
- Make long term goals as a D/s or Cg/l couple. Dream big and believe that you two will walk through life together! 🙂
Alright my friends, that’s it from me for today’s post. I hope you all enjoyed it. If you did, hit that like button and let me know. Smash that follow button if you’re new around here. And I will see you back here for the next topic!
Don’t forget to come chat with me and all of my Little and Dominant friends at: The Berry Patch Tonight we will be hosting a Hawaiian Trivia Contest from 4-5 pm PST, and then watching “Lilo and Stitch” from 5-7 pm PST. I hope you will join us!!
I can’t wait to chat with all of you!!